TITICACA WITH HOMESTAY AT AMANTANI
Enjoy the wonderful Titicaca Lake, (Uros, Taquile, Amantani) its beauty and also pre-Inca archaeological sites, the culture and folklore of local people, with a unique experience of a home stay in a village in the lake, This package begins and ends in Puno.
- • 7:30-7:45 a.m. Transfer from your hotel to the Port of Puno.
- • 8:00-9:30 Trip to the Uros Island and professionally guided visit.
- • 9:30-12:00 Tour to the Amantani Island on a motorboat.
- • 12:30-2:00 Lunch with a typical local family.
- • 4:00-6:00 Professionally guided hike to the pre-Inca Temple of Pachatata.
- • 6:30-7:30 Dinner with the host family.
- • 7:30-8:30 Reception party. We will stay overnight at the host family’s home.
- • 8:00-10:00 a.m. On boat journey to the Taquile Island.
- • 10:00-11:00 Professionally guided tour of the island.
- • 11:20-12:30 Lunch at a local family’s home.
- • 12:30-3:30 On motorboat back to the Puno pier.
- • 3:40 Transfer to your hotel.
Day 1: Puno – Amantani – Pachata – Puno
Day 2: Taquile – Puno
GROUP SIZE2 - 12
Puno – Uros – Pachata – Amanatani
We’ll pick you up from the hotel in Puno at about 7 a.m. Then go to the pier and board a boat headed to the Floating Islands of the Uros. There we can see communities that live on islands made of reeds. Many other things made by local people are also made of typical totora reeds, including houses and boats. The tour continues to the Amantani Island and we will have a professionally guided hike by the mountain where we will have impressive views of the Titicaca Lake and the Pachata ruins. At night, each person will stay with a local family. You will take part on typical, folkloric activities and then you will have dinner with them. After dinner, the families will give you typical clothes and will take you to a traditional celebration.
Taquile – Puno
This day we will board a boat again and head to the Taquile Island. We will walk down a trail on the island with great views of the Titicaca Lake. Once we get to the village you will have free time to explore it and visit places of textile production. At lunchtime we go to a local restaurant for enjoying typical meals. After a professionally guided visit, we go back to Puno and take you to your hotel. The arrival in Puno will be at around 3:30 pm.