INCA TRAIL SHORT
With Our Inca Trail Short 2 Days, you will pass through mysterious archaeological sites, environments covered by vegetation, which create the impression that they are being discovered for the first time, to finally reach the lost city of the Machu Picchu Incas.
- - 6:00-7:30 a.m. Transfer from hotel to train station in Ollantaytambo.
- - 7:45-9:00 We will board the train. Visit to the ruins of Chachabamba and Wiñaywayna, Walk to Intipunku (the gate of the sun).
- - 3:20-400 p.m. Panoramic view of Machu Picchu.
- - 4:00-4:30 We will take a bus to the town of Aguas Calientes.
- You will have free time to visit the market, the museum, or the hot springs.
- You will spend the night in the hotel of your choice.
- - 6:00-6:30 a.m. Transfer hotel-bus Station-Machu Picchu.
- - 7:00-10:00 Guided tour of Machu Picchu.
- You will have free time to take pictures, have lunch, or visit the museum or market.
- - 6:30-8:20 p.m. Return to Ollantaytambo by train.
- - 8:30-10:30 Return to cusco by bus.
GROUP SIZE2 - 12
LEVELModerate - Changing
Km 104 to Machu Picchu (Meals: L,D)
We will pick you up from your hotel at around 6:00 a.m. (depending on train time) and take you to the train station. We will travel first by bus and then by train, on a very picturesque route for 3.5 hrs until we reach Km 104 – the start of the Inca trail to Machu Picchu. From there, we will trek uphill for about 4 hours to the Inca site of Wiñay Wayna (Quechua for Forever Young) (2700m/8850 ft). While there we will have a box lunch and then spend some time enjoying this impressive site before merging onto the path of the classic Inca Trail.
We will continue the hike on to Inti Punku (Sun gate) (2730m/8792ft) from where we will have a panaromic and breathtaking view of Machu Picchu (2400m/7873ft). We will walk down the last part of the Inca trail to the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu allowing you to get a quick glimpse in preparation for the next day. We will take a side path off the Inca trail to go down to the town of Aguas Calientes. We finish the day going down to Aguas Calientes and having dinner at a local restaurant.
Total walking hours :00 hrs (0 km.) – Initial altitude 2100 m. – Final 2,730 m.
Overnight in Aguas Calientes (Altitude: 2000m, 6500ft)
Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (Meals: B)
We have breakfast and then take the first bus (6 am) up to Machu Picchu. We’ll see the beautiful sunrise and have the grand tour of Machu Picchu by visiting the most important temples in the ruins for about 2.5 hrs. You will have some free time to go on exploring the site on your own.
For an additional fee, we can get the entrance tickets for Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu (the top of the mountain we see in every picture of Machu Picchu) 2720m/8890ft. This optional hike should be booked in advance (it takes a 50 min to reach the top and another 50 min to hike down).
You will have the afternoon free for you to have lunch, visit the hot springs of Aguas Calientes or the small market or museum. Finally, you will travel by train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then by bus to Cusco. Transfer to your hotel.
Total walking hours :00 hrs (0 km) – Initial altitude 2000 m. Final 2,400 m.
Train back to Ollantaytambo, bus back to Cusco, and transfer to your hotel.
Reminder: Schedules and information may vary.